Citizenship & Naturalizationthe american dream has no borders
Our law firm focuses on the representation of those who are seeking legal resident status and citizenship here within the United States. For over 50 combined years, the McAllen immigration attorneys at Valdez, Monarrez & San Miguel have been fighting to protect the rights of those who wish the build a better life. We believe that every great journey begins with a first step. That’s why we are so passionate about helping those who desire to strive for a better life, better opportunities, and to obtain the American Dream. Remember, the American Dream has NO borders.
Your Guides Through The Citizenship And Naturalization Process
Do you want to become a U.S. citizen? This is the goal for many immigrants and relatives of U.S. citizens. The process can be long and difficult, but an immigration lawyer can make it easier.
At the Law Office of Valdez & Monárrez, we help people obtain citizenship and naturalization. We can help people born aboard to U.S. parents apply for citizenship and permanent residents of the U.S. begin the naturalization process to become citizens.
Who Can Become A Naturalized U.S. Citizen?
Do you want to apply for naturalization? You need to meet five main requirements:
- Permanent residency: You must have permanent resident status for at least five years. If you are married to a U.S. citizen, you only need to be a permanent resident for three years.
- Physical presence: You must have been in the United States for at least half the time in the five years before you apply.
- Character: You will need to show that you have good moral character. This requirement may make it difficult for people who have been convicted of serious crimes to become citizens. If you have been convicted of any crime, you should discuss it with an experienced immigration attorney before applying for naturalization.
- Language: You must show that you can read, write and speak English. There are exceptions for older adults who have lived in the U.S. for at least 15 years.
- Naturalization test: You will have to pass an American citizenship test about U.S. history and government.
Ready To Get Started? Call 956-278-0888.
For a free consultation with an attorney, call our McAllen, Texas, office at 956-278-0888 or send us a message online. We can tell you whether you are eligible to become a citizen and help you better understand the process.
CONTACT US WITH YOUR QUESTIONS
Contact Info & Hours
Hours of Operation:
24 Hours a Day -7 Days a Week
McAllen Phone Number:
Houston Phone Number: