Do you have a Legal Question?

Regardless of your legal situation, we are here to help you. Our entire legal team has the expertise and knowledge to answer your questions and support you every step of the way.

Contact us to find out how we can help resolve your legal issues.

Contact Us

Frequently Asked Questions

  • 1. What is the cost of a consultation?

    There is no cost for our initial consultations. Our legal team will listen to your situation and discuss your options with no obligation.
  • What type of cases do you take?

    Our law office specializes in immigration law, criminal defense, and civil litigation.

    Learn More

  • Where are you located?

    We have offices in two different locations to serve the entire Rio Grande Valley. Our

    main office is located in 207 North 15 Street in Mcallen, Texas and our Brownsville

    office is located on 914 East Van Buren Street. You can call us at 956-278-0888 for

    more information.

  • What are your office hours?

    Our offices are open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
  • Do you offer payment plans?

    We understand that legal problems can be expensive and can catch you off guard.

    We offer many flexible payment options for our clients. Your initial consultation is

    always free of charge and obligation.

  • What can I do if my Visa is cancelled at the port of entry?

    If you encounter a Customs and Border Patrol Officer at a United States Port of Entry that wishes to cancel your Visa, you have the right to have your case heard by an immigration judge. Request a hearing with an immigration judge so that your rights are protected. The officer should give you a date for a hearing with an immigration judge.
  • 7. How can a family members petition for me?

    Current immigration laws allow U.S. Citizens and Residents to petition for certain family members. The following is a list of family members that U.S. Citizens and

    Residents can petition for:

    U.S. Citizens can petition for:

    a. Spouses

    b. Children under the age of 21

    c. Unmarried sons or daughters over the age of 21

    d. Married sons or daughters

    e. Parents

    f. Brothers and sisters

    U.S. Residents can petition for:

    a. Spouses

    b. Children under the age of 21

    c. Unmarried sons or daughters over the age of 21

    A U.S. Citizen or Resident family member can petition for the above-mentioned

    family members by filing Immigration Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative. Each

    family member mentioned above belongs to a different kind of category and

    depending on the category the family member belongs to, they may have to wait

    until a Visa becomes available to them. For example, a spouse of a U.S. Citizen is

    considered an immediate relative and will have a Visa available immediately,

    meaning they can apply for their Residency immediately upon approval of Form I-

    130. However, a spouse of a U.S. Resident is under the F2A Category, which is not

    considered an immediate family member and would have to wait for a Visa to

    become available so they can obtain their Residency. To check on the current Visa

    cut-off dates, please visit:


    Once Form I-130 is approved, the family member can obtain a Residency, either by

    adjustment of status or consular processing. Adjustment of status is a process by

    which an alien relative adjusts his/her status to that of a U.S. Resident. Consular

    processing is the process by which an alien relative obtains U.S. Residency status

    through an American Consulate in his/her home country.

    If you wish to learn more about obtaining U.S. Resident Status, please call us or

    schedule your free consultation.

  • What can I do if immigration authorities detain me?

    It is important to understand your rights when you are detained by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). Understand that you are more likely to be detained if you have previous criminal history or a Prior Order for Removal. If a Prior Order for Removal exists, you may be deported without the right to see an Immigration Judge. If you are detained, you should begin by requesting a bond for your deportation officer. Keep in mind that your deportation officer will assess if you are at flight risk or if you are a threat to the community. It is important that you discuss why you are not a threat/risk with him or her. If the bond is not granted, you have the right to ask an Immigration Judge for redetermination. If the bond is set too high, you also have the right to ask the immigration judge to lower the bond. In detainment, you have the right to make one free local call and the rest of the calls you will have to pay form. Make sure that you provide your family and your lawyer with the Alien Registration Number in all of the paperwork that ICE provided to you so they are able to work on your case.
  • What do I do if I am arrested?

    The most important thing that you can do when you are arrested is to be your own

    advocate by remaining silent. YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT. Do not

    answer any questions without the presence of your attorney.

  • What happens after I am arrested?

    Once you are arrested, you need to hire a lawyer or use the one that is provided to you by the state. As your lawyer, we will talk to you about the process and how the District Attorney will make a determination. We will then show up to court and plead not guilty and proceed to defending your case.
  • What are my options?

    You have the right to go to trial if you desire to go to trial. There is also the

    possibility of coming into an agreement with the state. You have many different

    options that don’t necessarily involve a jury trial.

Ask Us

Your Name (required)

Phone Number (required)

Your Email (required)

Type of Case (required)

Your Message